Sunday, August 27, 2017

Only one more week of Summer

Alas, Summer vacation is almost over here on Long Island. This will be my last week off, then I will be getting more than a little busy. Although I have to go to Superintendent meetings on Tuesday, September 5th, both my full-time Math Center teaching job and my adjunct university position start on Wednesday. Mondays and Wednesdays will be long 13 hour days this semester. I have almost finished all of my lecture notes, assignments and tests for my university Precalculus class. 

I have finally started on the final page of Baker Beach. Whew! 
The color that I am currently working on finishes the 9th page and starts the 10th page. As you can see on the left that I just started this dark brown color. I am trying to get as much of this stitched as I can before school starts. 

I did some more stitching on my PS Santa at my last stitching Meetup. His face and his hat are started. Santa's arms are finished.
Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to get to the meetings more than once a month, but I want to keep in touch with these ladies. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. I will be stitching in the car as we make a second trip to Saratoga Springs, NY.  I hope to join the Stitchery Link Party at Super Mom - No Cape on Monday, but that will depend on when we get home. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are up to.

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

  1. Wow! Last page of Baker Bridge! I've really enjoyed seeing your progress over the year with BB, it's looking great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was just in Saratoga Springs last week. He said it was an interesting place and wants to go there together sometime. It's fun to see the hills emerge as you work on Baker Beach. Sounds like you are well prepared for the school term. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful progress on both of these / last page of Baker...whoo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats making it this far on Baker Bridge! I am a substitute teacher which is totally the opposite of what you do. I usually have a 50 minutes planning period and stitch then. You will be super busy making copies and grading papers. Have a great school year! I'm always happy to see students lean forward in their seats eager to learn. I love to learn what kids are "in to" these days (music, activities, movies, books, apps, games, lingo...) I learn too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made it to Saratogo last week, it was a perfect day weather wise but not betting wise. I wanted to get to the quilt shop but they closed at 5:30. I wish I could stitch in the car like you are able to do. Great progress on your santa, I'm glad you will be able to meet with your stitching buddies at least once a month and your on the homestretch with Baker!! Welcome back to School!! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're getting close to the finish with Baker Beach. It sounds like your world is about to get busy with your jobs starting back up. I hope you still get some stitching time in and we get to see some updates. Happy stitching! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Beautiful stitching. Love the Santa.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are going to be soooo busy! Be sure to take some time for your creative pursuits! You need to feed your soul! Baker Beach is looking great, and so is Santa. Congrats on your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful progress on both projects! Wishing you the best with the new school year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck with school starting, time went so quickly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathie: Love the fact you are almost done I am sure your Son will be happy to see it framed and hanging in his new place.
    Congratulations on your progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Summer break has certainly gone by quickly. Hope all goes well with your classes. As always a delight to see the progress on Baker Beach.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh it sounds like you have a busy few months ahead. I'm tired just thinking about it!
    Your progress in the bridge is phenomenal- it is looking so lovely, and those colours are going to give a very striking scene once finished.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh... you must be getting excited to be so close to finishing Baker's Beach. And Santa is really coming along.

    Your next few months sound super busy. Hopefully you'll be able to find time to stitch. It's such a great way to relax and de-stress.

    Thanks so much for linking up to this week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.