Sunday, September 11, 2016

School has started!

One week down and I don't want to think about how many more there are. My school week was quite interesting. I started the week in a new room. It is small, with three large desks that allow 5 people to sit at them and one table for six. I was sharing this with the teacher who conducts Math Research classes in this same room. The problem with this is I am the Math Center teacher and it is supposed to be open every period for children to come and get homework help or review prior to a quiz or test. This wouldn't have been possible with a research class in the room at the same time. After two days I was assigned to the same room that the Math Center has been in for several years. Now though I had to get desks, a file cabinet and a bookcase returned to that room in order to have the set-up that I need. I am all settled now. I am just missing a pencil sharpener. 

Needless to say, I have been quite tired upon returning home each afternoon. I did have an hour or so to stitch on Baker Beach yesterday. More blue, but at least there was a good deal of progress. Here is last week. 


This is how it looks this morning. The next color is a grey. I may be able to work on that today.
A close-up

Or I may try to finish Autumn Angel's hair. I may even stitch her halo. Her wings are outlined but I will leave the white stitches that fill them in until last.
I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. You know what I will be working on. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Being a New Yorker I have to include this:
May we never forget.

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy: It is hard to get back into the swing of things after being off for a while, love the Beach design, wow so many stitch's, your angel is adorable.
    I will never forget I will remember where and what I was doing at the time I heard about 9/11. a very sad day in history.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this week goes more smoothly now that you have your space set up. I always like seeing your cross stitch projects each week. I also remember that day..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a frustrating and confusing week...glad it is sorted out. You probably deserve some angel's wings right about now! :) Hmmm....well you have to make them yourself though! Happy stitching on either project or maybe a little of both : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's nothing like a beautiful sunset. Nice stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that is the end of the stress at your work. Glad you were able to stitch at home even though it's been crazy at work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seem to have made quite a lot of progress, despite all the work hassles. I hope you manage to keep stitching this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great update on your stitching despite the work related issues.
    Hope this week is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a long week behind you...glad things have been rearranged to a more suitable arrangement for you! Your Baker Beach project looks fantastic! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.