Saturday, January 2, 2016

Winter Angel

I rediscovered my crafting mojo in the past few weeks. I finally finished an angel that I designed and stitched quite a while ago. To celebrate this finish I am sharing the chart with all of you. 
Here is Winter Angel. 
She is the first of four seasonal angels. I have designed Spring Angel and am in the process stitching it. I will release that chart when I am finished. My Summer and Autumn Angels are in the design phase right now. 

 I completed Winter Angel as a standing placard.I saw the instructions for this kind of finish in Cross-Stitch and Needlework magazine. I knew that I had finally found the appropriate finish for my angels. 
I will post step by step instructions with pictures soon.

Here is the chart if you want to make your own. Please send me a picture of your Winter Angel when you complete it.

Winter Angel is stitched  over two strands with DMC floss on Charles Craft Carolina Linen, 28 count in Sand. The finished size is approximately 5.25" by 6.5".


Winter Angel Chart

(Click to enlarge the picture above or below, right click on the picture, then either "save as" or  "print" as you normally would) The picture below includes the legend, the one above does not.
I hope you enjoy stitching Winter Angel.

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. On Monday I will join Super Mom - No Cape for the Stitchery Linky Party. Also joining Nicole at Frontier Dreams for Keep Calm Craft On. Pop on over to these sites to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful and perfect for the winter months ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really does look wonderful. Wishing you and yours a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete

  3. How lovely Cathy love the Angel you made her finish so beautiful well done .
    Thank you for the free chart hugs and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! You've designed and finished off a sweet little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful pieces. It makes me wish that I still did cross stitch. Having seasonal angels to switch out will be such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a wonderful finish... she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet little angel, you did a great finish too. Thanks for posting the chart, have a great 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's adorable! Thanks for sharing her with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your angel is very sweet and it's a lovely idea to make a set over the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your winter angel is super cute & the standing placard is a great way to display her.

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful angel! you are quite talented :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty little angel! Thank you for sharing her with us! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely angel! Beautiful design and wonderful finish. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cathie, your Winter Angel is very lovely and sweet -- what a nice thing to share her with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw isn't she pretty :) Very kind of you to share your pattern

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi!
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, and for making me discover yours:)) I'm so impressed with your beautiful Angel - so pretty! And the way you finish your ornaments! I'm still struggling with that part of the process... Looking forward to receiving some tips on this blog lol!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute Cathie. Thanks for stopping by my blog. xoxo Andrea @ This Knitted Life

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet little winter angel. I love her. Since I don't cross-stitch I may have to hint to our oldest that I'd sure love to have one. If I send her this way, she'll have lots of time to make her before next Christmas.

    Thanks so much for linking up to last week's Stitchery Link Party and for linking back. Aloha hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.