Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Smithtown Stitchers Quilt Show

Sunday, Mom and I went to the Smithtown Stitchers Quilt Show. 
I won a fat quarter as a door prize. Yay!
There were some really beautiful quilts on display. 
This is my favorite of the entire show. It won first prize for professional quilting. It was quilted by Galyna Miller of Quilting Treats.
Here is a close up. Don't you just love the way the quilter echoed the fabric dots with quilted ones.
This beauty below is a miniature. Those little white triangles are only about 1/4 inch.
I will let you enjoy the rest.
You can't see the beauty of the trapunto on this quilt from this far away.
 So took a close-up.
Here are some more....
This is also a miniature.
 Beautiful mix of applique and piecing.








I hope you enjoyed some of the quilts from this show.

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    I love these! The effort and attention to detail that goes into making quilts always catches my breath.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.