Sunday, April 27, 2014

Stitching Along

I have been happily cross-stitching this past week. My tutoring schedule was light as my students are just returning from their Easter vacation. The weather has not been spring cleaning weather yet. Too cold to wash windows much to my chagrin. As I have said in previous posts, I find window washing very satisfying.

So back to my stitching progress. This is how my stamped cross-stitch looked on the last update.

Here it is today. I finally got finished with all of the brown and black and moved on to the colors. It was getting quite boring so I just plowed through it. I now feel like I am making progress. The brown near the top is stamped on the fabric and not stitched.
I have been working on "Through the Woods" by Little House Needleworks while watching TV. It is on a beautiful even-weave fabric that I can even work on at night.
Lastly, I started one of the large cross-stitch patterns that I recently purchased. I used an unlabeled green floss that I had to set out a grid. This technique was recommended by Sunrise Stitching Time and I figured I might avoid some frogging if I prepared my fabric. This is the grid for one page only. I have 10 pages to complete!
I will be giving updates on this piece, but since it is a future gift I will only be able to take partial pictures. Not much to see right now, but at least I dove in and started it. 

I thought I would share with you the gorgeous plants I received for Easter. 



I also received a beautiful Easter lily that has yet to open.

Each year I plant these floral gifts in my flower beds in the hope that they will bloom the following year. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't. This winter's snow seems to have been good for my bulbs because there has been quite a show.
I absolutely adore tulips and daffodils. Purple is my favorite color. Then again, I love red flowers also.
Here are my later blooming daffodils. I love the white with the deep yellow centers. There are a couple of white hyacinths hiding in the background also.

I hope you enjoyed the picture journey today.

Thanks for stopping by!




5 comments:

  1. Your blooms are so lovely Cathie - I love purples and pinks and daffodils are always so cheery, especially with Wm Wordsworth's beautiful words running through my head each time I see them! You've been doing a lot of work on your cross-stitch, and I think your prep grid for the piece to be gifted is such a good idea; enjoy them and have a great week! Joy xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cross stitch project is really coming along. I love the Easter bloom show, daffodils and tulips are some of my favourite spring blooms for spring. I too try to replant them out in the hope of a show the following year, sometimes I get lucky. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have such pretty flowers in abundance! Lucky you!! Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty flowers! I have some to plant this year as well. I love watching them (hopefully) come up each year. Your gardens are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely progress on all of your WIPs, Cathie! And I'm glad I could inspire you on a finish for your LHN Love piece...

    I never thought about trying to plant tulips outside again from gifts that I've received. What a good idea. Yours are so pretty and I'd say tulips are my favorite flowers (along with hydrangeas and sunflowers!!)...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.