Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Snow and No Knitting

It is snowing here again with ice probable tonight and we are expecting anywhere from 3 to 30 inches over the weekend. To say that I am tired of snow shoveling is an understatement. This is what Monday's snow looked like.



 We got about 8 inches of heavy wet snow. I know, I know, there are an awful lot of you out there in the same boat but I can moan and groan if I want to.

I'm joining Ginny's Yarn Along. What are you knitting/crocheting? What are you reading? Pop on over to her site to see what others are doing. 
Unfortunately there is no progress on the knitting front this week. I still have to sew up the second pocket on my Barn Jacket before I pick up stitches for the button band. I keep putting this off. Not sure why.
 I haven't finished hubby's hat because for some reason my left hand is quite sore and swollen. I believe it has something to do with knitting his hat and maybe using the computer. The more I knitted, the more my hand hurt. Thus no knitting.

 I have returned to working on my cross-stitch. You can see the latest progress here.
 
 I am more than halfway done reading Starting Now by Debbie Macomber.
I find it quite different to read a book on Kindle. I don't see the book laying around, so I tend not to pick it up. Also, except for the percentage meter at the bottom of the page I really have little idea how much is left to read. I do like the fact that it discourages reading ahead though. Also, the pages seem to turn much more quickly obviously because there is only one page at a time.

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

  1. We woke to 7 inches today with a crusting of ice on top.. Sending you some winter cheer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It snowed all day yesterday, but it was super light and fluffy. Easy to shovel! The only reason I like reading ebooks for is that I can read at night in bed after hubby has gone to sleep. But I much prefer books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your hand ... I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't knit! Enjoy the peace that snow brings ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! So sorry your hand is giving you trouble. :( We haven't had much snow at all this winter here in the Pacific NW, but we did get a bunch yesterday and more today. Freezing way is on the way tomorrow...bah. I haven't yet ventured into the world of electronic reading -- I much prefer a book in hand, but then, like I said, I haven't tried it. Thanks for visiting my space today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your hand heals soon. I'm a bit jealous of the snow. We still haven't had more than 4 inches and I think winter is running out for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.