Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Olympic Yarn Along

"Two of my favorite things are knitting and reading, and the evidence of this often shows up in my photographs.  I love seeing what other people are knitting and reading as well. So, what are you knitting or crocheting right now? What are you reading? " Joining Ginny's Yarn Along again this week.

The Olympics are the perfect time to catch up on a bunch of crafting. I am quite proud of myself because I managed to pick up stitches and knit both the button and button-hole bands on my Barn Jacket. 
I thought the collar would be started for this post but yesterday was quite a busy day. Once the collar is finished, all that is left is to sew up the seams. I am actually looking forward to that because I can't wait to have wear this sweater. 
Oh, I have to find the right buttons too!

Hubby's hat is finished and it fits! I was so glad I could get back to it. 
He was out when I was snapping pics or I would have had him model it.
 
A trip to the doctor and some meds and my swollen hand is no more. No explanation for the problem, but it is resolved. I really hope it doesn't return but I will be concentrating more on cross-stitch for a while so I don't think I will aggravate it again.

Snow is predicated again for all day tomorrow. I guess I will hibernate, watch the Olympics, craft and maybe read. I am usually a very happy camper when it snows, especially when I have nowhere to be except home.

Speaking of reading, I am now reading The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton, a Christmas gift from my mom. I loved the first book of hers that I read: The Forgotten Garden and saw all the blog recommendations for this book. So far it is living up to my expectations. I have found another author to follow. Kate Morton weaves quite an intriguing story.

Thanks for stopping by!




 

4 comments:

  1. love the hat! sorry about your hand hope it feels better soon and doesn't repeat. Love Kate Morton!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your barn jacket is looking lovely. I like the hat - I made a similar one for my dad for Christmas. Hope you hand is healing. So many people are having the same issue. I say it's the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your hand is better soon. Great jacket, I love the pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hat! Isnt it wonderful when they fit just right?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.