Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I made a swatch!

Well I did it! I knitted a swatch and happily my gauge is on track. My width is perfect, my length is a little long but I am not concerned about that. Thanks for all the swatching tips. I haven't started the sweater yet but I will get there soon. Baby steps.
 

Joining Ginny for Yarn Along. In that vein, I made a trip to the library at the end of last week. Although I love Nora Roberts' books, I really can not get into the J.D. Robb book I have been trying to read. So, I have returned it to my daughter and I took out these. I love the Debbie Macomber knitting book that I borrowed. Since I wasn't a knitter until recently I never paid attention to this series. Now I am obsessed. I think I may read the Alice Hoffman book first. I hope it catches my attention.
 
 
I finished my coasters. Now I want to make a small holder for them. I think I might make another set too. I want to use some different colors and maybe a different pattern.

 
I have made good progress on my Scary Cat hand-towel. I think I've figured out how I can post the pattern. It should be coming soon. Thanks so much to my computer savvy hubby. I don't know what I would do without him. I know I frustrate him often with my computer knowledge ..... or lack thereof. Although I have to admit that I have mastered the blogging mostly on my own. Yay for me!
 
 
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Such a good girl to knit a swatch. So often I neglect it and then regret it! Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. I don't know how good I am but I'm less nervous about the actual sweater now. Cathie

      Delete
  2. Swatches are the first step! Good luck in your knitting endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swatching is the KEY!!! (I'll often use the sleeve of a sweater, though, to make sure of the gauge....not so much to rip out if it's not right. After knitting for almost 60 years (YIKES!!!!!!!!) I can still mess up without that darn swatch!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steph, I like the idea of starting with the sleeve. It's nice to know that even with your experience, you can still mess up. It gives me hope.

      Delete
  4. lovely coasters! I really like the pattern! I think I should make a set of coasters too - we don't have any in our dorm room :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having visited many dorm rooms you probably don't need them to protect the furniture but they would be nice. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.